Tuesday

On My Plate - Fig Glazed Pork Chops and Menu Planning

I know that a lot of people plan their meals for the whole week but I'm usually the type that just wings its. 
I have several go to meals that I can put together as the mood strikes but this week I decided to try a different approach. 

I planned the entire week...Breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks. I even picked a few new recipes to try out on my family.

It took me a while to get the menu together, make a grocery list and shop but I'm going to see if it saves me time in the long run.

I won't repeat the menu here but if you're interested you can see what I planned over at  A Year Of Healthy Habits.

I tried a new recipe for dinner last night. 

Fig Glazed Pork Chops


Fig Glazed Pork Chops

Super simple recipe-the kind I love!

In a large skillet brown pork chops in a little oil. About 3 minutes per side. 
Transfer the chops to a baking sheet. 
Top each chop with about 1 Tablespoon of fig jam. 
Bake at 350 till jam is bubbly and chops are done. 

I served this with sweet potatoes and green beans. 

This recipe got a 5-star family approval!


How do you handle meals?
Are you a planner or do you like to wing it?






1 comment:

  1. Hi Patti,
    These Pork Chops must be outstanding, this is a great recipe! Have a great St. Patrick's Day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!